Web page translation

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 18 May 1998 14:14:44 -0600

At 12:21 PM 5/17/98 -0500, Avery wrote:

>   I can't provide you with any info but if you want to try this, go to:
>http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate? and type
>Schimmel's URL:  http://www.pianos.de/schimmel/index.html into the box
>provided, select German to English and it will take you to Schimmel's page
>with an English translation. Bear in mind, almost any translation into
>English gives you some strange syntax sometimes, but it should be good
>enough for you to understand what they're saying.

Well, I'm not so sure about that.  B-})   For example:

"The joy in the music is important to us."

That part is fairly clear, but it continues...

"That was always like that, because not in vain our customers have us to
prominent manufacturer made by wings and pianos, from one in
Germany produced family business of the away industryindustry away industry
come." (from the "translated" Schimmel page)

How's that again? I was almost with them until "away in industryindustry
away industry come." Is that the literal English for "Pianoforteindustrie
stammen"?  What a wonderful language!

>Hope this helps a little. Something different, anyway. :-)

I'll say! If nothing else it was fun. <g>

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT  - Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com - http://www.cadvision.com/musselj/