Dream Come True [OFF TOPIC]

KCW kw2@acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun, 17 May 1998 21:13:35 -0400 (EDT)

I believe we already have the technology to do this.  However, I can
almost garantee that this will not happen in 5 or 10 years because of
copyright problems.  Imagine how easy it would be to distribute music
scores over the internet (like putting them on web sites) once they're in
an electronic format.  Today, CDs in electronic format are already
distributed over the internet.  Not to mention billions of dollars worth
of pirated softwares (called warez) on thousands of web sites.  As long as
music publishers can make $$$ without doing this, they will not.