M&H screw stringer back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 16 May 1998 07:07:53 -0500

 Hi Bill,
Early in my career there was a M & H large grand screwstringer floating
around St. Louis.  I tuned it once and remember tonally that is was nothing
very impressive considering its' size.  For those of you who have tuned the
screwstringer grands, are they the equals of Gertz and after.
A question I have never seen answered is:
1.  Were the earliest example of M & H pianos all screwstringers?
2.  When did they switch from normal to SC and then back again.
3.  What came first the SC grands or uprights?
>James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
Competency is being able to do what you claim to be able to
do...consistently.    Competency Rules

> From: Maxpiano <Maxpiano@aol.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: M&H screw stringer
> Date: Saturday, May 16, 1998 3:28 AM
>
> List -
>
> The only M&H screw stringer I ever tuned was a 7-foot grand that was in
Victor