Rim Repair reply

Nelson and Tracy Denton ndenton434@bigwave.ca
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:33:00 -0400

>At 10:16 PM 5/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>The wood on this piano has not been too badly damaged.  The lamination
>>are seperated a little.  Someone suggested I install maple plugs, but I
>>don't have a plug making device.

Lee Valley Tools  @ http://www.leevalley.com make their own "VeritasTapered
Snug Plug" plug cutters. These plug cutters are far superior to ordinary
plug cutters in that they make tapered plugs that you hammer flush into the
wood. The plugs don't leave a "glue" ring in the wood like ordinary plugs
do and they  are very nice to work with.

Prices are in Canadian $$ ( U.S. $$ a whole lot cheaper)

$12.95 for 1/4" to $14.95 for a 1/2" size, metric sizes also available.

For those who have never seen the 250 page full colour Lee Valley Catalogue
your in for a major Treat.

Lee Valley sells world wide so don't worry about being a tech in the
Antarctic - they can ship it to you.

Just cut up your Visa card before you open the book or you'll end up with a
Visa bill bigger than your Mortgage.

Trust me I've got one of everything they sell. ( either in my tool boxes,
or on order, or on my 2025 Christmas wish list.
Nelson E. Denton
R. A. Denton and Son
Pipe Organ Builders
Hamilton Ontario, Canada

The Pipe Organ Tracker Project
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/radentonson
The worlds "second" largest collection of organ related links