Wooden peg in Steinway

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:14:59 EDT

<< Yesterday I tuned Steinway grand #145029 (probably about a six footer).  I
 was going to remove the action for some regulation.  But above the keyboard
 end of the left leg assembly there was a wooden peg protruding about an
 inch preventing action removal. >>

>From what you describe, this might be the peg that is supposed to be glued in
the cheekblock. This peg in the cheekblock allows  the cheekblock to be put
back in the same place everytime, so that the action is in the same place
everytime.

Just remove the peg in the keyboard, and glue it in the cheekblock.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis