Rim Repair reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 20:12:18 -0500

Hi Frank,
I seen a Weber grand similar to your problem.  It seems the piano was
shipped with the lid attached to the rim and for some reason the weight of
the piano rested on the edge of the rim rather than the case.  This pulled
out the lid case hinges and I bet this is what happened to you.  Any
woodworking glue should work if it is thin enough.  If the wood is tore out
too much it would be best to rout out that section and glue in new wood.
If this were a brand new piano this is what I would do.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
Competency is being able to do what you claim to be able to
do...consistently.    Competency Rules