old Weaver

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 07:06:18

Dear Dick,

I've worked on several of these, including one where the arms were
breaking. (They are called "Weaver Rocker Arms", by the way, and they are
still available from at least one supply house.)

I'm afraid what you have here is just an old weird piano. At least, I've
never heard of any great value they carried.

The ones I worked on were not particularly sluggish. It may be that yours
is sluggish more from being in Louisiana than from its design. Don't be
tempted to spray it with WD-40 to speed it up! That may already have been
done, which may be why it's having trouble now. Repinning may help, though
it's a lot to invest. However, the rocker arm style does make the action
easy to remove. If it doesn't already have a dampp-chaser, it might be a
good idea to install one.

Good luck.

Susan Kline