Emergency tool kit - addendum

Wed, 13 May 1998 08:07:52 -0500

True confession time here folks.

Have a spare key somewhere. ;-{

Last week I did something I hadn't done in 20 years - I locked myself out of
my pickup. I coat hanger worked that time, but not this.

I had gone over to another tech's home to lend him my 9' skid.  When I got
there, I got irritated at that silly DING-DING-DING and pulled the key out,
placing it on the center armrest.  I then proceeded to exit the vehicle and
out of force of habit must have flicked the lock. Dumkopf!

If it had been summer, I'd have had the pass-through windows of the cab and
topper open and I would have crawled through [yes, I can - I tried it
later], but it wasn't quite warm enough for open windows.

Fortunately, I got a ride home to fetch spare keys (only about 2 miles, and
I _do_ have a set of house keys hidden somewhere).

I now have the GM "courtesy" key in my wallet. (opens door, but doesn't work
in ignition)

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College                         Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045             hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us; to see oursel's as others see us!
It wad some monie a blunder free us, and foolish notion.
- Robert Burns