Baldwin Acrosonic

RptBob1 RptBob1@aol.com
Sat, 9 May 1998 19:40:56 EDT

<<
   Tuned a piano WAY back in the woods last week.  (Ferrand built before
 1900.  Lady said she paid the baptist church $200 dollars for it.  It had
 been sitting out in a shed in the back of the church for a couple of years.
  She wanted to know if she had made a good purchase.

   Sound board looks good, it was maybe 10 cents flat.  I opened it up, and
 the hammer felts were all new, the keytops were all new.  The pins were
 tight, and she tuned up like a champ.

   someone had reconditioned that piano recently, and done a wonderful job.
 $200??? I think maybe she got a bargain.  What do you think? >>

This definitely could rank up there as a real bargain if everything is as you
mentioned.  Why did the church sell it?

Bob Bergantino,RPT