Baldwin Acrosonic

Edward Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sat, 09 May 1998 15:37:50 -0700

  Just finished tuning a Baldwin Acrosonic #616658.  Wierd!  I had trouble
getting good unisons on the wound double strings in the lower register.
When the unisons were good, the individual strings measured as much as 6
cents apart on the SAT.  The higher partials were fighting like crazy.  The
strings are orginal, the piano (though new to me) was not far out.  There
was a lot of false beating in the upper register, but overall, not a bad
piano.

On another subject....
  Tuned a piano WAY back in the woods last week.  (Ferrand built before
1900.  Lady said she paid the baptist church $200 dollars for it.  It had
been sitting out in a shed in the back of the church for a couple of years.
 She wanted to know if she had made a good purchase.

  Sound board looks good, it was maybe 10 cents flat.  I opened it up, and
the hammer felts were all new, the keytops were all new.  The pins were
tight, and she tuned up like a champ.

  someone had reconditioned that piano recently, and done a wonderful job.
$200??? I think maybe she got a bargain.  What do you think?

PS... BillBrpt.. Don't bother to answer.  I filter out everything that has
your name on it.  So even if you have something obnoxious to say, I won't
recieve it.

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR
Ed Carwithen