Fine Whine

NBWW NBWW@aol.com
Fri, 8 May 1998 10:14:19 EDT

Larry and list:
I usually don't take (or have) the the time to follow nontech threads on the
this ptg page (my delete key is very shiney), but the flap started by Rev. Bie
has touched a nerve. I think all of us are proud of the fact we have done
something "extra" for someone who really deserved it and received it
graciously.  We might have made mention of our brotherly deed to another to
bulster that good feeling. Then, to have someone squash that, infuriates us.
The anger it generates fires up that fight back attitude. But stooping to
wallow in the bad feelings of our offender only gives them the victory of
bringing us down to their level and denying us the ability to bring them up to
a level of understanding that would improve their attitude, maintain our well
being and bring us the ultimate victory. I know it's not always possible. But
I never let someone's opinion become my reality. More often than not, good
communication leads to better understanding and improved relations-i.e.
diplomecy works. If not, there are thousands of good clients waiting to pay
for your services.

Paul Chick RPT
Plainview MN