castor cups idea

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 7 May 1998 19:58:37 -0500

Hi All,
Well, here is my idea.
First, I would think that solid wood castor cups would have the tendency to
crack open due to the wood drying and cracking apart with the weight placed
in them.
I am thinking of going into production of making wooden castor cups made
with alternating species of wood like cherry, walnut, mahogany, oak each
about 3/4' thick all laminated together and then dished out on my lathe and
a nice finish applied.  Sort of a high end product,  Because of the
different species of wood with each layer the stain would cause interesting
effects and make them unique.  The strips could be horizontal or preferably
vertical.  They would be made in sets of three so all would match.  What do
you think?
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
" Is recreation the same as re-creation?.".