Charging for Services

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Thu, 07 May 1998 15:51:25 -0400

NBWW wrote:

> Frank
>
> How about local PTG chapters "adopting" a piano for a needy
> person/family/institution, use the project as a teaching learning activity for
> new members and promote the guild in a subtle but useful way in the community?
> We're looking for ways to promote the guild, the piano and its benefits and
> support the teachers and music education as a whole-why not contribute our
> skills as a means to these ends? Already I can anticipate the +&- feed back
> (flame suit ready), but I think it's worth discussung. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a a good idea.  Associates in our chapter have various skill
levels.  Some are working on a daily basis, but some work only here and
there.  This would provide a great opportunity to hone some skills.

As always, getting participation from members is always tough.  Maybe I
should talk to our chapter president.

More later.