Charging for services

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 05 May 1998 21:19:02 -0400

Dear Rev. Bie,

If you own a store you buy product from a wholesaler.  You must
amortorize:
	Profit
	Mortgage payments
	Electric, phone, water, sewer
	Wages of employees
	Cost of store fixtures (tables racks, etc)
in the prices you charge for your murchantize.

If you do not calculate all these expenses you will go out of business
very quickly.

This is not unAmerican, that is a fact of life and the cost of doing
business.  We piano technicians have but our time and our expertise to
offer our customers, who MUST pay all the pipers, and more that I
listed.

If you give your time away you will have nothing to bring to your
family, your mortgage banker, your credit card holders, your baby
sitter, you hair dresser and the resturant you want to go to next
Saturday night.

We cannot charge one customer a full day's wage if that customer is the
only one we have for that day, but the rest of the time can be spent in
the office, getting the car services, phoning customers, mowing the
grass and working in the shop.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com