Sciortino Coil Maker

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 6 May 1998 01:38:14 -0500

On the Sciortino, it is best to turn the pin out 3 1/2 turns, 7 half
turns.  Now if the pin was pounded down so that the coil is a mere 1/16
inch (2mm) from the plate, you might want to go  four or four and a half
turns.   Of course if the pin is super loose by then, use a larger pin.
(very rare).  If the coil stands high, tap the pin. Btw you can go with
two turns instead of three, just cut the string three fingers instead of
four.  I bet I used the Sciortino 100 times and never hit the plate...Well
that was 10 years ago, I hope quality control hasn't slipped that much in
such a great tool.
	That reminds me of a joke.  I was talking to a person who is in denial of
being an old timer.  (He will be 80 in Dec.) Anyhow he made the remark,
"What I used to do all night, now takes me all night".  Ummm, why did I
mention this ? Oh because the 100 times up to ten years ago.  That's when
I lost the coil maker, and in the ten years since I have probably wanted
to use it less than ten times....  Uhhhhhhuh, what is the point?     ....
 Oh never mind.....   Execpt to say , things like that can happen when you
think you have "retired" at age 40.

I'dneversignmynametothis