Charging for services

Peggy C. Bie peggyb@gate.net
Tue, 05 May 1998 19:24:54 -0400

The world has changed, and I am appalled.  No wonder people can't afford
anything.

Back in my days of being an independent musician I deducted these things from
my income tax form as business expenses from the money I charged as fees,
usually ending with no profit on which to pay taxes.  I never dreamed of
charging customers for my own business expenses.  I thought these were
deductions to subtract from what I earned.  Now people are terying to charge
the client, the customer and the student for expenses of running a private
business.  So now the ethic seems to overchargwe the customer for one's own
business expenses and don't bother with submitting expenses to the IRS.  I
can't believe that our nation has become so greedy as to overcharge others for
ones own business expenses.
Shock!

>vacation time
>convention costs
>insurance costs
>auto expenses
>office and work space
>new tools
>...etc...

America - the land of greed!
Rev. Peggy C. Bie
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -Anais Nin
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1095