Caster Cups -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Tue, 05 May 1998 09:23:43 -0700

Anybody remember about ten or twelve years ago, somebody had some
exotic wood caster cups which were supposed to enhance tone and
response?  They came in all manner of exotic woods and cost a very
pretty penny.  Supposedly BMI used them in their recording studios, etc.
One of my customers had them, and paid a hefty $300 for a set.  I didn't
have a before / after  comparison, but it was one heck of a C5.  Whether
that could be attributed to the caster cups...who knows.  She moved
away, so I never had a chance to find out.
Steve