Transposing Pianos.

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Mon, 04 May 1998 23:15:42 -0400

Jim:

I first came across one of these babies six years ago, a James &
Holmstrom from about 1909.  The piano was 15 cents sharp, I thought, so
I lowered it to correct pitch, only to realize when I was finished the
whole keyboard was shifted by one!  To the owners it's just an old
upright, so I never changed it.  I ran into another one, but I don't
remember where, and I don't know if they have extra value.  Maybe
someone else can help us.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT