TP coils

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Fri, 01 May 1998 21:56:17 -0400

Jon Page wrote:

> The 'fashioned' pliers is a nice piece of work, but . . . work.
> Vice-Grips are another handy tool.
> But what has worked for me for many years for squeezing
> the becket tightly to the pin is parallel pliers and in really tight
> situations - needle nose pliers.

Becket pliers save time and do a neat job, but I don't keep them in the
primary tool box.  They go in the restringing case for complete jobs or
correcting a problem from a previous job.

The first place winner in the primary tool case all-purpose pliers
catagory goes to . . . . . .  small needle nose vise grips!  Key easing
pliers, parallel pliers, and an adjustable wrench round out my
collection.  All the other stuff is in the backup case.

I've yet to try capstan pliers.  Any favorite brands?

Carl