The noses of camels

A440A A440A@aol.com
Fri, 1 May 1998 14:11:00 EDT

Greetings all,
     The slow diaspora away from equal temperament continues.  This was posted
on the "Tuning" list, and I thought that any of you who may be in the area of
Mills College would find this interesting.  It IS the wave of the future in
piano intonation.
Regards,
Ed Foote

From: "Flynn M. Cohen" <flynn@mills.edu>
Dear friends

my m.a. thesis concert will be held on sunday may 3rd @ 7.45pm in the
mills college concert hall (oakland, california). this will include a
real-live steinway piano tuned to the following 7-limit scale:
1/1	8/7	5/4	4/3	3/2	8/5	7/4

as well as an extended piece for voices and strings in a harmonic-series
based piece inspired by a story of franz kafka.

write to me if you'd like more info and/or directions to mills.

-flynn