Another question...

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:53:15 -0500 (CDT)

Rob,

   I seem to remember a tech friend of mine soaking them in warm water
for a bit. It will at least soften things and make them easier to scape
off. I don't *think* it will hurt the ivory. As far as any 'chemical' type
cleanup, about all you might need to do additionally, is scrape off
something like contact cement that someone might have used to reglue an
ivory. There you could even use lacquer thinner or acetone.
   After cleaning, just be sure the ivories are thoroughly dry before
trying to use.
   If anything I've said here is incorrect, someone please correct me.

Avery