advertising again...

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:59:42

Bob wrote:
>Well... hopefully there isn't a misunderstanding here. "I tuned the
>piano" isn't EXACTLY word for word what I had in mind. I have not yet
>done the layout let alone specifically decided on wording. Perhaps
>something along the line of "Tuning for tonight's piano performance
>professionally provided by...", or maybe something like "Robert Goodale-
>Official piano technician of the symphony, School of Perf. Arts...",
>yada, yada, yada.

I think I'd omit the "professionally." Putting it in, perversely, seems
amateurish. (_Of course_ you got paid!) I think, in your place, I'd say,
"Robert Goodale, concert piano technician for the Symphony and School of
Performing Arts" or some such. Once again, "Official" should be taken
for granted, and mentioning it makes it seem questionable.

>I'll have to play around with it and see how it looks from different
>angles on paper. Once it is complete I will submit it to the symphony
>folks for final approval. Everyone from Pepsi to respected art galleries
>advertise in it. Beleive me- Some of the ads from last year are pretty
>awful.

If you don't have a gift for graphics which makes you hanker to set up
your ad exactly the way you wish, by all means hire someone to do it right.
It's a one-time cost, but you can use the product for years.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"The best way to advertise is simply to be unusually good."
				-- Ashleigh Brilliant