advertising again...

R. Goodale robert.goodale@nau.edu
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:00:38 -0600

> Jon Page wrote
>
> Conversely, stating in an ad that "I tuned the piano" would_NOT_have the same
> effect as it being stated in small print at the bottom of the program.
> (undersatatement)
> The program_should _read: music, artists, piano (maybe), piano technician.
> Last place? Why not, we're a humble sort.
> Co-billing would be way out of line.
> Our work should be sublime.

Well... hopefully there isn't a misunderstanding here. "I tuned the
piano" isn't EXACTLY word for word what I had in mind. I have not yet
done the layout let alone specifically decided on wording. Perhaps
something along the line of "Tuning for tonight's piano performance
professionally provided by...", or maybe something like "Robert Goodale-
Official piano technician of the symphony, School of Perf. Arts...",
yada, yada, yada.
I'll have to play around with it and see how it looks from different
angles on paper. Once it is complete I will submit it to the symphony
folks for final approval. Everyone from Pepsi to respected art galleries
advertise in it. Beleive me- Some of the ads from last year are pretty
awful.

I should also probably mention that the program is only printed once for
the entire season. Last years was 46 pages long on nice heavy color
glossy paper. Colorful inserts are then put in for each individual
event. The idea is that it saves them mucho $$$. A local magazine
publisher puts them together.

Keep goin' folks this is great stuff!

Rob Goodale, RPT