Advertising

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:54:38 -0400

I've written a couple PTJ articles on the subject of the cost of
acquiring clients.  If you pay for a YP ad, the cost of the client is
the number of clients divided by the cost of the ad.  You have to keep
track of this stuff to know whether to continue advertising this way.

The confusion may lie in the fact that it is very different to end up
with a tuning that nets you 75% of your usual fee because of costs
incurred compared to offering a 25% discount directly to the client.
The net is the same, but in the second case, the client thinks your
service is actually worth 75% of its real value.

I know of a technician who gives a free!!! tuning to someone in a
distant location in exchange for having him schedule the rest of the
day's work in that area.  This is on an ongoing basis.

Sorry, I can't see it.

Carl