Zimmerman flanges

Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:34:41 -0700

Ron,

Some years back I looked into what sounds like a similar problem on another
piano. If memory serves the problem was with the adhesive used to hold the
bushing cloth in place. It never really "dried." As some of the various
solvents, etc., crept through the felt they tended to bond the felt to the pin.
The only solution was to replace the flanges and the pins.

Del.