Answering Machines - Opinions Please

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 00:44:56 EDT

Zen & List,

  We have a Radio Shack digital machine (TAD 1005) that we like. It has
capacity of sixty minutes recording time and four mailboxes. You can record
your own outgoing messages and customize them somewhat. We have not had it
long enough to give opinions on reliability but the cost was less than $60 on
sale. The TAD has battery backup for power out situations. We also use a
caller id box as a backup. The folks we do warranty work for which might be
time sensitive have our cell phone numbers so we can make contact as soon as
possible. If expecting a call that requires immediate attention, I will call
forward the office phone to my cell phone.

Best,
Dale

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician