stuck

NBWW@aol.com NBWW@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:28:32 EDT

Lance

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, we tried different backcheck angles. What we
are looking at is the height of the backcheck--as someone replied that height
should not be above the shank at rest. I think its the height due to wrong
drilling depths in the key or check.  We're checking the spread of the action
as suggested, and following David Stanwoods article in the journal. We now
suspect the capstans are misplaced. Key height is correct, bedding is perfect.
I have access to new B at a dealers and will measure it to get some feel for
what it should be,  and for some numbers to try with Dave's math. The college
is a 150 mile trip from me, so, I'm gathering info before the next assessment.
The technician working with me has been involved from the start and we'll get
together at our next local chapter meeting.
Thanks to you and every one for your helpful suggestions. I'll let you know
what develops.

Paul Chick RPT