Answering Machines - Opinions Please

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:58:46 -0400

Hi Everyone!

What is your favorite answering machine of all time?

Is anyone aware of a REALLY GOOD ONE currently on the market?

(Doesn't matter if it is a 1-line or a 2-line.)

Do you like the digital machines or do you prefer the *old-fashioned* tape
machines?

I have separate answering machines on 2 lines.  My favorite is the
Panasonic KX-T5000, which is no longer in production.  Trouble is, I have
only one of them ...

The other machine is one of those new-fangled all-digital with synthetic
voice time/date stamp and man, I HATE THAT THING!!  I'm hoping that other
digital machines have better sound quality, greater capacity, and so on, if
I have to settle for digital.  Just the other day, the digital machine
crashed after being "at my service" for less than 11 months.  Warranty
matters aside, I'm looking to replace it, so I'm hoping your collective
experiences will help me determine on which brands/models I should
concentrate my search.

Thank you all in advance --
Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI