'Grey Market' Yamahas- again

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 01:13:26 EDT

<< Just *why* would Yamaha stand behind a piano that is off warranttee?

It is my undestanding that Yamaha might not pay for the parts, or even the
labor, but they will give technical advice. And in some cases, I have heard
they might actually pay for the part, if they think it is worth it to them to
keep the customer happy.

With grey market pianos, they don't even want to talk to you, much less give
you advice.

Wim.