Advertising

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:51:49 EDT

Ron - -

You have the same size community as I.  I place ads in two local throwaway
shopper type weekly newspagers.  Costs about 60$month.  I also have yellow
pages ad.  I think I get more business from the throwaways.  If you only get
one call per month from your ad you are breaking even.  Try it you'll like it!

Best

Dick Day
Marshall MIIn a message dated 98-07-27 01:58:23 EDT, you write:

<< Hello all...

 I'm considering placing an ad in the newspaper to help boost business a
 little.  As a
 university tech I've spent most of the past year catching up on a
 mountain of a mess I
 inherited when I took the job.  Now that I've gotten things more or less
 in order I would like the outside work to pick up a bit.  I do get work
 via referrals and recommendations from the university but not as much as
 I would like.  I am in the process of making friends with the local
 music stores but I was thinking maybe a small ad in the paper may be
 something to look into.  Nothing fancy just a plain business card sized
 thing somewhere.  I haven't yet called the paper to check the price on
 this but I'm guessing a couple or three hundred dollars at least to run
 it for a week.

 So, what have you folks discovered about doing this? Is it worth it?
 Does anyone actually read it and call? Or am I better off looking into
 other worth while methods?  I should also add that this is a rather
 small tourist-oriented community, population around 60K. >>