Hammer spring rail

n1vrnt12 piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:40:59 -0300

Hi Clyde,
I believe this was about the time there were some 'bad' spring rails.
Apparently the felt strip had a chemical reaction with the metal of the
springs, and they corroded.
So if you do use the old rail, make sure to remove the felt strip and
neutralize any chemical which may be present.
I agree the article in the Journal, if followed, makes it an easy job.
Good Luck,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada