Advertising

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 00:49:12 +0000

Rob,

I am assuming you are in the Yellow Pages?  That is the first
place to invest in advertising.  The listing makes you legit to
the searching public.  The bigger the listing the more the
money...you have to decide.  I think a newspaper ad is a waste
of money.  Think about it if your looking for a piano tuner what
do you do.  You ask a friend for a referral or you look in the
Yellow Pages.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Date:          Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:56:36 -0600
> From:          "R. Goodale" <rob.goodale@nau.edu>
> Subject:       Advertising
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org

> Hello all...
>
> I'm considering placing an ad in the newspaper to help boost business a
> little.  As a
> university tech I've spent most of the past year catching up on a
> mountain of a mess I
> inherited when I took the job.  Now that I've gotten things more or less
> in order I would like the outside work to pick up a bit.  I do get work
> via referrals and recommendations from the university but not as much as
> I would like.  I am in the process of making friends with the local
> music stores but I was thinking maybe a small ad in the paper may be
> something to look into.  Nothing fancy just a plain business card sized
> thing somewhere.  I haven't yet called the paper to check the price on
> this but I'm guessing a couple or three hundred dollars at least to run
> it for a week.
>
> So, what have you folks discovered about doing this? Is it worth it?
> Does anyone actually read it and call? Or am I better off looking into
> other worth while methods?  I should also add that this is a rather
> small tourist-oriented community, population around 60K.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT
> Northern Arizona University

David Ilvedson, RPT