stuck

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:55:58 -0500

>> Reach up and wiggle the
>> toe of the jack.  It should be able to at least wink at you.  >
>

>Is the toe on the elbow or foot of the jack? Exactly how is the jack
>"winking" ?
>
>Ric The Winker

Ric,

Sorry I was not clear.  By toe I am refering to the end of the jack where
it comes in contact with the let off button.  By winking I mean that there
should be room for the jack to move slightly when you are holding the key
all the way down against the front rail punching.  This just shows that the
top of the jack is not buried in the felt in the rep. window.  If the jack
is against the let off button and buried into the felt in the window when
you are holding the key down with only moderate pressure, a hard fast blow
will break the jack at the "elbow" near the center pin.

winky,

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429