Warped Action Frame

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:57:10 -0300

I need help to get an action ready to install back in a Stegler Grand,
by tomorrow as it is needed tomorrow night.  I think that is a Sammick
name.
The action had tight action centres and it was away out of regulation.
The action centres are ok now, but on trying to regulate I found
insufficient key dip, to allow for let-off and aftertouch.
Everything was going well till I got to the treble third of the
keyboard, when I noticed the balance rail pins were too deep in the key.
On checking I found an excess of punchings and the glide bolts turned
down too far. Now they are back up the mid section of the frame is up in
the air, I could clamp it down to get the key height and dip correct.
But what happens when I put it back in the piano?
Help
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada