Baldwin L scale

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:05:55 -0700 (MST)

Hi Avery:

Not to worry. It's OK to have a long run of #17 or #18 wire, it all depends
upon the curvature of the Treble bridge. There is nothing magic about
4, 4, 4, 6, 4, 6, etc. for stringing scales. It has more to do with the
layout of the bridge, and the power you want versus the inharmonicity.

There are several pianos which you will want to restring just like they
were originally. You be the judge. If you don't like what you heard before,
then you could refigure the entire scale.

Jim Coleman, Sr.