Alternative SAT Switching

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 01:28:08 EDT

List;

I just thought I would share an alternative method of note switching for SATs
that I used to use on a Yamaha PT-100.

The PT-100 tuning hammer thumbswitch is very small and lightweight. Instead of
using it on the hammer, I modified it for hand use. If you line the self
adhesive velcro strap with a strip of understring felt, it fits nicely on the
index finger of your key playing hand. With the switch facing down and
activated with your thumb, the note switching becomes virtually subconcious. (
Kind of like a poor man's SAT lll ). I run the cable over the side of the
piano and under the bed so it is out of the way and inconspicuous.

I have never liked having a cord hanging off of my tuning lever, and I find it
a nuisance to keep scooting the foot switch around. On your hand, it is always
right there and never in the way.

To use it on the SAT, you will need a miniature to sub-miniature jack adaptor
(from Radio Shack) or wire a new jack on. The switch is available from Schaff
for $18.

Anyway, just something ya all might want to try. If this idea is old news, my
apologies. Just report me to the department of redundancy department.

Dave Bunch