How is this done?

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 12:56:31 -0700

kam544@earthlink.net wrote:

> I read your description, Thomas.  Just so I understand what you are saying...
>
> You install the action back in the piano letting the stickers end up where
> they will, and then use the needle-nose pliers to put them in place?

Hi, Keith,

Yes, that's how I've done it. I grab the lower end of the wood with the
jaws of the pliers although you could probably use your fingers just as
well if you work from one end to the other. I'm just such a tool using
kind o' guy.

It sounds as if, on the piano that Clyde is working on, though, that you
might have to first position the action a little higher, maybe on
blocks, and then when the stickers are all inserted, finish installing
the action.

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA