RELAY: can you help me? from korea

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 12:34:40 -0400

Sorry for the delay in this response.  Just got back from Providence RI and
am still digging through the mail ...

----------
> From: Jerry Hunt <jhunt@geocities.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: RELAY: can you help me? from korea
> Date: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 8:47 AM
>
> Here is a list of the schools that I know about (data from 1998 PTG
> directory. Some descriptions have been summarized):
>

> North Bennet Street School
> 39 N. Bennet Street
> Boston, MA 02113
> 617-227-0155
> 617-227-9292 (fax)
> Admissions Dept.
>    Offers two full-time nine-month courses in Piano
>    Technology. Basic course covers piano tuning; grand,
>    verticle and spinet regulation; essential repairs for
>    piano service in the field; keyboard history;
>    nomenclature and business practices. Advanced course
>    prepares students for comprehensive rebuilding of
>    verticle and grand pianos.

As a graduate of NBSS (1989), I can honestly say that this is a great
program.  The work is very demanding, but the teachers are uncommonly
patient.  Above all, they are very knowledgable and whatever they don't
know off the tops of their heads they'll know where to look.  Furthermore,
they are receptive to new insights and ways of doing things.

Many students come from other parts of the world, and there have been
Korean students in the past.  Their student affairs e-mail address is:
	stuserve@nbss.org

Hope this helps --

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI