Measurement

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 08:27:54 -0600

Hi,

Try this simple experiment at a chapter meeting. Take a tuning pin or some
other measurable item. Have 5 people measure it five times, with the *same*
tools (a digital readout vernier calipers for example). I think you will be
amazed at the difference from one set of measurements to the next.

I find if I want a really *critical* measurement made that a protocol of
measuring the item eight to ten times is helpful. I toss out the *high*
reading and toss out the *low* reading and average the rest.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
http://www.dlcwest.com/~drose/