Kimball console w/a dead bass

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:19:50 -0300

Gina Bonfietti wrote:

>  I've got a customer with a kimball console 29 years old with a dead
> bass,  the bass bridge seems to be glued to the apron and the apron seems
> to be glued to the soundboard.  Starting at the tenor the sound is not to
> bad, but as you head down the scale it gets tubbier and tubbier.  What
> could it be?  Thanks in advance for your help.
> Gina Bonfietti

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
Gina,
Make sure the strings are seated on the bridge.
Pluck the strings with your finger nail, or guitar pick, if they sound
noticeably brighter it is your hammer that is too soft.
If they do not sound brighter, then definately try a twist in the
direction of the winding, as others have suggested.
Is there bearing?
Regards,
John m. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.