shellac tips needed

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:16:19 -0500

On the can, it says if not dry in two hours do not use. This is drying in
about 20 min in 70 humidity. Sands nicely.  I have heard of and seen the
flake form used, but this was  guitar repair person french polishing.  The
can also said methyl and isopropyl, and I wondered why they were using
rubbing alcohol.

I get ridges on edges on places like legs of benches,   sometimes.  I
think I should be more careful, but looking for defects  has a learning
curve it seems. . But it isn't hard to get rid of these with a cautious
touch of razor and sand paper. The razor works good on, heaven forbid,
drips.  I really like what I can do with sand paper.

I didn't know about wax.  Does it say on the can?  What will wax do?

Richard Moody