wanted

Patrick Greene greeneguy@mindspring.com
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:31:13 -0400

At 07:44 PM 7/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I agree with your comments.  My understanding from a dealer is that if
>you want weighted keys, the wholesale may be 750-800, plus shipping.
>This family has a smaller budget than retail would allow, so they're
>looking at used but recent.  These things apparently don't hold their
>value like our acoustic (preferred) pianos do.

Yes, I used to sell these things along with acoustic pianos (a sad-but-true
story).  the best digital I have come across is the Roland with the
weighted keys.  It sounds a bit muffled in the bass, but it plays well. (I
play one at a nursing home on sundays).  I remember my manager telling me
that digitals would wipe out the acoustic market. I am glad to see the
market has swung  back to acoustics.  Digitals are a bit fun at first, but
after awhile you long for a good acoustic

Patrick