Taking off shoes. more

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 16:32:23 -0400 (EDT)

I don't see what the big deal is about taking shoes off when you're just
doing a tuning or other light work. I have size 13 feet, which used to be
considered large, and after being offered size 6 slippers by several Asian
clients just started carrying a pair of slippers.

Eventually I got in the habit of wearing them at every call in the winter.
I've never slipped -- these have a rubber tread on the bottom. Dozens of
customers have expressed appreciation.

Let's assume we all do excellent quality tunings (!). The difference
between technicians, then, is the service they give the customer. Little
things like this mean a lot. From reading Susan's articles, it sounds as
though she has a great grasp on real "service". I expect she'll have a
long, successful career.

We as tuners don't save the universe. All we do is make people happy. This
is one more way.

Mark Graham