any body seen one of these?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 07:02:36 PDT

  Hello everyone!  I'm getting ready to head out for the convention -
hope someone is still out there.  I won't be back for awile, so I'll get
replies off of the digests.

A friend called me up to come look at a piano that she found. (yup, in
the garbage)  As she described it over the phone; short keyboard on top
with wires cut, pedals below on left side, I stopped her to ask if she
was sure this wasn't an organ.  No, she said it has 88 keys and plays
without plugging it in.  Intrigued, I went right over.  Found a Starck
spinet #185834 (1964 ish) with an organ installation.  Nice job, short
keyboard set into the case where the music rack normally mounts, with a
1" dowel set in front kindof like a wrist rest; this spins and is wired
in as a volume control.  Some bass pedals starting where the "soft"
pedal would be and extending to the left.  Amp/ guts tucked in on the
left wall.  I've never seen anything like this!  Was this common?  Did
factories do it?  Any value here?  (the piano has some string rust, one
broken, but in pretty good shape for being in a garage for a long time.
She is going to repair the legs and touch up the finish, and then call
me to service this thing.  She's not looking to sell, more just curious
about what she stumbled into.  I told her I would post it to the list
and get back to her.

Thanks a bunch!
Ron Koval
Curie High School