In-Piano Records Revisited

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 00:18:42 -0400

Lots of good posts on service records. I've tried a few different
approaches with service records for the customer. Now I don't do them at
all. I only keep track of them for my own records in my own file. I do
leave a card in the bench most of the time but no record. I love the
idea of fridge magnets. I've seen the business card fridge magnets at
office supply stores relatively inexpensive. I may try those.

I normally don't leave a record for the customer. I send reminders in
the mail when next service is due. If they decide not to have their
piano serviced at that time or hire another techie, thaey can call me to
find out info on the piano. I'm even trying to stay away from receipts
for the customer for service (tuning or minor repair calls) unless they
request a receipt. Just more paperwork to carry around and spend more
time filling out which means less time for tuning less money in the
bank. (It doesn't take that long though). I don't have a lot of
customers who really care? (if thats the right word) when there piano
was last serviced, just as long as they receive a reminder every six
months. Another month from now, who knows, maybe a can of flourescent
orange piant will be the answer, service date right on the black and
whites. I'll bet they wouldn't forget when their piano was last
serviced! 8<)

See you all in Providence.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service