Pressure Ridges

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:09:53 -0600

Hi Jon,

Hmmm treating pressure ridges---with Pro-tech???? Or is that Jumping
pins???? More info please.

BTW I totally disagree with you about permanent records. I ask the client
first--before risking "defacing" their instrument. Only one person in 25
years has said "no". I prefer to write on the key, as the very first thing
that dealers do with used pianos is remove all service record stickers.

At 07:28 PM 7/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>The only application I have made to pianos is a small pressure sensative label
>(1/2 x 3/4) placed on the plate strut beside #1 agraffe. On this I record
>the date
>which I treated the pressure ridges and agraffes with Protek. I started
>this in
>1992 and retreatment logged within 3 to 5 years for jumpy and ratcheting
>strings.
>Sometimes another application was required the following year then it
>maintained
>for up to 5 years.
>
>Fortunately these are easily removed because one customer removed the sticker
>both times I treated.
>
>Jon Page
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"