Chipping

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 11:43:48 EDT

<< So I'm looking for an aural tuning shceme. >>

Jerry;
 I agree with what Dr. C. and Dale have said, and include the following for
your consideration:
Place masking tape on the strings just below the pins and above the first
pressure point, usually this will put it on the plate felts...thats ok just
don't press it down too hard.  Label each note on the tape, starting at one
end with a magic marker.
This will take a minute or two but if you are like me it will save a lot of
Duh'ing and aw shucks's by keepin you on the correct note without stopping to
count every so often. Try it you will like it.
P.S. As soon as you can justify an ETD it will make this process much easier
as well as faster.
Just my opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)