Working on the 4th?

Sat, 04 Jul 1998 23:18:20 -0700

Working on the Fourth? I almost wish I had.

It's 11:15 pm and I'm still sitting here trying to finish up the outline for one
of my Convention classes. I know! I know! I should be finished with all that by
now, but you just try to write one of these things while you and your other half
are remodeling the next door apartment and then moving you into it and while
you're also trying to get some much needed maintenance work done on your (wooden)
boat that is hauled out of the water some forty-five miles away and while you're
trying to close on your new beach house (ok, beach shack -- ok, if you really
must know, really old and run down beach shack.)

Anyway, most of today I have spent writing and making drawings. Except for a few
hours during which time we went to the marina to oversee getting the boat back in
the water. Can't even try it out between now and Convention time. We'll have to
wait until we get back to finish up the engine work and get it out on the water.
Oh, well. It should all be finished in time for the Wooden Boat Festival up in
Port Townsend.

Hope everyone had a good Fourth and we'll see some of you all soon.

Regards,

Del