Chickering upright music panel

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:46:51 EDT

List,

A tech who doesn't have email access called me up with a problem.  He is
working on an old Chickering upright that has an unusual music panel design.
(Big surprise there!!) I'll try to describe as best as possible w/o seeing it
and maybe someone out there is familiar with the design.  The panel has 2
"U"-shaped spring which force the bottom out into playing position for holding
music.  The lip at the bottom also slides out seperately.  From what I
understand, he has not been able to find what holds the panel in the closed
position.

If anyone is familiar in any way with this design, please email or see me in
RI so we can try to help him out.

Thanks,

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT