SAT for sale

Ray T. Bentley bntune2@isbe.accessus.net
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:40:29 -0500

Hi Fellow Piano Technicians,

I have used RCT for the past year, and have decided to offer my SAT for
sale.  Information concerning it follows:

100 pages of memory and 24 tunings from Sanderson, as well as many that I
have stored.  I ordered it at the Albuquerque national in 1995.  I used it
two years.  Then I bought the SAT last year in Orlando.  I have only used it
for three or four tunings this past year.  I have probably done 500 tunings
with it.  I still have three or four years of teaching before tuning full
time.  I have never recharged the battery before getting a warning.  The
battery has usually lasted well over a month between charges because of my
part time status.  The foot switch has never been used, because while
assisting with the testing at Albuquerque, I learned to love the thumb
switch which I then ordered with my SAT.
At first I thought I would keep the SAT as a backup.  But I tuned for 18
years without a tuning device at all.  I served my five years as a CTE for
the St. Louis Chapter of PTG back in the mid '80's.  I carried my Hale
Electrofork and tuned aurally for all of those years.  I think I could
manage a few tunings in that manner again while I have my computer serviced
if need be.
I live in Alton, IL, just due north of St. Louis on the Mississippi.  I will
be in Providence next week.  The first person to appear with a cashiers
check for $800 takes it home with them. (I paid just under $1400 for it.)
If you have further questions, please send an e mail or call me at
618-462-2868.

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL